Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A teenager is trapped in my brain!

I have spent most of my adult life trying to "find myself". Many of us do. "Who am I?" "Why am I here?" "Why is Dane Cook so popular? (seriously. WHY? He is the least funny man ever. He must be stopped)" These and other questions wing their way through my brain at an alarming rate.

This weekend, I listened to My Chemical Romance at the urging of my fiance. I had been quite concerned that he owned My Chemical Romance in the first place as this band struck me as being overly "emo" and a bit too precious for their own good. And I was firmly convinced that only depressed teenagers listen to them.

I was wrong.

It takes a lot for me to admit that I am wrong.

The fiance discribed them as Queen meets Green Day meets Bon Jovi (fitting as they are from New Jersey). He is not alone in this thought. An odd combo, but true. It is the return of "Performance Rock" a la Freddie Mercury, with a little bit of angst and some good quality head banging guitar riffs. The ROCK the Power Ballad and true arena music anthems! And Liza Minelli makes a cameo on one of their songs. LIZA!!!!!

Even Pitchfork Media likes them. And they don't like ANYONE!

I would have been OBSESSED with this band at aged 13.

I think I may be turning into a teenager. My skin seems to be breaking out, and I feel the need to hit something.

sigh.

To start your Wednesday, I give you a bit of MCR with their new Power ballad "I Don't Love You". Raise your Bic's my friends!

No comments: